Home > faqs > Frequently Asked Questions

Frequently Asked Questions

How can I contact Fred?

There are numerous way to contact me:

Send me a your thoughts via email, letter, or fax to my Kalamazoo, St. Joseph/Benton Harbor or Washington, D.C. office. Please note that mail delivery to my Washington D.C. office is typically slower due to U.S. Capitol screening processes (can take up to two weeks).

If you are prefer to speak with my staff in person, feel free to stop by one of my offices or give us a call. My staff will help answer questions or provide information and assistance. 

Washington, D.C. Office
2183 Rayburn H.O.B.
Washington, DC 20515
(202) 225-3761 

St. Joseph/Benton Harbor Office
720 Main St.
St. Joseph, MI 49085 
(269) 982-1986 

Kalamazoo Office
350 E. Michigan Ave., Suite 130
Kalamazoo, MI 49007
(269) 385-0039

How can I schedule a meeting with Fred?

If you are interested in inviting me or a member of my staff to an event or request a meeting with the office, please contact one of my offices.

Both our Washington, D.C. and District office will do their best to process and accommodate your request as quickly as possible. For Washington, D.C. requests, due to the demands and changes of my schedule due to votes, we typically do not schedule more than one week out for appointments or events.

Can Fred’s office help me with issues I am having with federal agencies?

As your Congressman, my top priority is to serve and represent you in Washington. One of the most important responsibilities my office has is to help you navigate through federal agencies. Although my office cannot overrule decisions made by federal agencies, we can help cut through the bureaucratic tape to get your questions asked and work toward finding a solution.

My office can help you with the following agencies: Department of Education, Federal Communications Commission, Housing and Urban Development, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, Internal Revenue Service, Department of Labor, Medicare, Military, Office of Personnel Management, Passport Service, Postal Service, Social Security Administration, State Department, and Department of Veterans Affairs.

Click HERE to learn more about how my office can help.

Where can I go to learn more about Fred’s voting record and his stances on the issues important to me?

You can see my voting record by clicking on the "Fred's Voting Record" box which is located on my homepage. This widget is updated following every vote I take in Congress.

To read more about my stances on more than 70 issues, you can visit my Issues and Legislation page.

What committee does Fred serve on?

I am honored to serve on the House Energy and Commerce Committee.

I serve on three subcommittees on Energy and Commerce: Health, Digital Commerce and Consumer Protection, and Energy. 

I currently serve as Chairman of the Energy Subcommittee.

What part of Michigan does Fred represent?

I represent Michigan’s Sixth Congressional District, which encompasses most of Allegan and all of Berrien, Cass, Kalamazoo, St. Joseph, and Van Buren counties.

What tours does Fred's office offer?

Our office is here to assist you as you plan for your upcoming trip to our nation's Capitol. Please note that due to high demand, White House tour requests must be made a minimum of three weeks prior to your visit, though it is best to provide as much advance notice as possible. Capitol building tours are less demanding, but we ask for a minimum of one week's notice.

If you would like to schedule a tour of the Capitol building on your own please click HERE to reserve your tour. Our office will do our best to process and accommodate your request as quickly as possible, however, if you do not hear from my office within three business days, please do not hesitate to call (202) 225-3751 and check on the status of your request.

We are also happy to help arrange additional tours. For more information, please call our Washington, D.C. office: (202) 225-3761. 

Can your office help me to purchase a flag that is flown over the Capitol for a special occasion?

Our office is pleased to facilitate purchases of U.S. flags that have been flown over the U.S. Capitol building. Flags flown over Capitol will include an official certificate noting the date flown with a short message to personalize the certificate.

To purchase a flag, please fill out this form and mail your check to the address below. Please note that we cannot process flag requests until we receive your check.

Congressman Fred Upton
2183 Rayburn H.O.B.
Washington, D.C. 20515

You will receive your flag approximately two to three weeks after the date you request the flag to be flown. If you any questions or would like additional information, please call my office at 202-225-3761.




Stay Connected

Office Locations