Home > constituent services > Casework


One of my most important responsibilities as your Member of Congress is providing assistance to constituents in dealing with the federal government. My constituent service offices in Kalamazoo and St. Joseph/Benton Harbor are staffed with a team of professional caseworkers who stand ready to assist.

Although I cannot override the decisions made by a federal agency, I can often intervene on a person's behalf to answer questions, find solutions, or help cut through the bureaucratic red tape. For personal assistance, please contact my constituent service office in Kalamazoo (269-385-0039) or St. Joseph/Benton Harbor (269-982-1986).

Please note that the Privacy Act of 1974 requires that Members of Congress or their staff have written authorization before they can obtain information from a federal department or agency on an individual’s behalf. Please contact one of my two constituent service offices to obtain a privacy release authorization form. When returning your signed privacy release to my office, please be sure to include all requested contact information and copies of any related documents or correspondence from the federal agency involved.

You may also find answers to commonly asked questions at one of the links below.

Frequently Asked Questions Regarding ...

Citizenship and Immigration Services


Federal Communications Commission (FCC)

Federal Trade Comission

Housing and Urban Development

Department of Labor



Office of Personnel Management

Passport Service

Postal Service

Social Security

State Department / Visas / Foreign Travel

Taxes / Internal Revenue Service

Veterans Affairs

Stay Connected

Office Locations